Twitter

Friday 3 July 2009

Satan to Snowberry Yarns

What a Yarn!

Just look at this hand spun yarn - what beautiful selection of shades all in one skein, its absolutely gorgeous!

See more photos of this andmore of Snowberry's other yarns here on ETSY.





Ben's Trip to Europe


I mentioned yesterday that my son, Ben, was off to Europe on an old Royal Enfield motorbike - well this is a shot from a trip to Scotland earlier this year. The bike is so loved it warrants it's own photos, as nothing else does.

As you can see, all camping gear, cooking gear, clothes and tools etc are distributed across the bike. Having watched the packing operation - it is definitely a work of art!






Satan


Now if you like to hear a hilarious comedy based on Satan and his helpmate Scumspawn then I recommend you listen to Old Hary's Game on BBC Radio 7 by and with Andy hamilton.
Recent story lines include 'Hell's new arrival is a health and safety officer wh
o moans to Satan about the lighting', 'Satan is cross with Yeats over a poem and Scumspawn and Thomas write their own verse' and 'Satan introduces the Professor and Thomas to Helen of Troy and her plain friend, Daphne'.

Thank goodness there are 7 series, because nothing makes me laugh out loud quite like this programme, I dread the time that they stop broadcasting it.
BBC iplayer is such a fantastic addition to the BBC services, not just for watching the last episode of Robin Hood when your DVD recorded Wimbledon which the BBC broadcast instead (thanks BBC)! But for listening to Radio 7 which is majic for serialised novels, comedies etc.

You can listen to programmes for up to 7 days after the broadcast. If you want to know how you can record through your PC to listen to a broadcast when you have the time or after you've recorded the whole series, I'll tell you in next post.


Talking of Robin Hood, I couldn't miss an opportunity to include a pic of the gorgeous Richard Armitage.

More pics here on his website.

Incidentally, the last episode is to be re-screened Saturday 11 July at 5.15pm


The bad news is that the Guardian is reporting that there won't be another series.


Google Tool Wins - I lose!

What am I doing today? Spendng far too much time on the web. I downloaded Google Toolbar yesterday hoping to use the
PageRank tool - this allows you to see the ranking of your website on the 1 - 10 scale for search success on Google - so I'm told.

Hmm, I can't get it to work. When I looked on the help forum someone else had had a similar problem and mentioned the frog icon, he was told that he shouldn't have a frog. Unfortunately, I also have the frog. Perhaps some one can help me and tell me how to swap my frog for something more appropriate?
Please?

This afternoon I have to do those horrible little paperwork jobs that I have put off every day this week - because tomorrow I want to create a new bag. So I better get on with now...well soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment